Lions Tour “The Ultimate Triple”
Jo’burg to Cape to Jo’burg to see British and Irish Lions Tour in South Africa 2021
Package 3 – 22nd July – 8th August 2021
Guaranteed tickets to ALL 3 x Test Matches (JNB 1st Test, CPT 2nd Test & 3rd Test JNB)
This 16-night Lions Tour South Africa is an absolute must for rugby enthusiasts keen to witness first-hand all three test matches of the British and Lions 2021 Tour against South Africa’s national rugby union team, Springboks. Included within this sensational supporter’s tour is official match tickets with guaranteed seats to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd test matches with transfers to and from the stadiums, 2 full days of planned excursion to gleam more about this diverse country and a few leisure days for you to enjoy entirely as you please.
Effectively a tour in 3 parts, you will start off in Johannesburg, staying at the stylish Premier Hotel Midrand. From here, you will be transported to/from the largest venue in South Africa, the FNB Stadium to enjoy the 1st Test match of the series. The following day, you will be escorted on a full day guided city tour of Soweto, famous for its demonstrations led by thousands of black school-aged students in 1976 to protest the introduction of Afrikaans in local schools. You will see various famous landmarks such as Baragwanath Precinct and Orlando Towers, visit the Hector Pietersen Museum and The Mandela House Museum as well as tour Mandela House where Nelson Mandela lived with his family before the anti-apartheid movement. There is much to see and do in Johannesburg so don’t worry if you can’t fit it all in during your first full leisure day here as you will be returning for the 3rd match. You can stroll the magical urban neighbourhood of the Moboneng Precinct with its mix of restaurants, coffee shops, clothing boutiques, art galleries and retail shops or walk through the Bird Gardens and Aviary to admire the colourful birds, mammals, reptiles and other exotic animals. Visit the Gold Reef City amusement park built on an old gold mine or explore the South African National Museum of Military History to see what it was like when South Africa was in the war – your choices are varied and many.
Part two of your tour will involve flying you to the picturesque southwest coast of Cape Town where you will be staying in the delightful NH The Lord Charles Hotel. From here we will take you to Stellenbosch for a full day of wine tasting; an ideal way to appreciate this area and its terrain as you’ll drive through the Cape Winelands and savour some of the world’s finest wines, each with their own distinct taste and history. The following day is the first of your two leisure days in Cape Town for you to explore or relax as desired, but we highly recommend a cable car climb to the summit of Table Mountain for sensational views across the city and harbour. You may wish to also visit the underwater Two Oceans Aquarium to explore the local marine life or the Zeitz Museum which exhibits the largest collection of Contemporary African Art in the world. With a wide range of small boutiques as well as large malls offering both international and local brands as well as souvenirs, shopping is also a popular activity in Cape Town. In between your leisure days, you will be chauffeured to/from the iconic Cape Town Stadium to watch the thrilling 2nd test match between Springboks and the British & Irish Lions.
The final Part of your supporters’ tour takes you back to the Premier Hotel Midrand in Johannesburg from which you will have another full leisure day to finish off exploring this fascinating ‘golden city’. However, your final day in South Africa is bound to be the highlight of your tour with seats in the famous Emirates Airline Park Stadium to watch the gripping final and deciding test match of the British and Lions Tour of South Africa 2021.
Your Rugby Tour to South Africa with Lions Sports Travel includes return International and internal flights, airport and match transfers, 16 nights B&B accommodation in 4-star hotels, a full day Soweto city tour, a full day wine tasting in Stellenbosch and several leisure days.
Highlights in Cape Town
- Visit the Table Mountain which is a flat topped mountain where it overlooks the entire city of Cape Town, you could hike yourself to the top or use the cableway.
- Experience the taste of the best wines in the world at Stellenbosch.
- Hike the Lions Head which is the tallest mountain in Cape Town which is 669m above sea level.
- Visit the Cape point nature reserve where you could see the point where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Indian Ocean
- Visit the Two Oceans Aquarium which is an underwater aquarium which showcases the marine life founded in the Atlantic and the Indian oceans
- Visit the Zeitz Museum the world’s largest of Contemporary Art in Africa
Highlights in Johannesburg
- Visit the Mandela House where Sir Nelson Mandela and his family lived before the anti-apartheid movement
- Shop at the Maboneng Precinct
- Walk-through the Bird gardens & aviary featuring colorful birds, mammals, reptiles & other exotic animals.
- Join the Gold Reef City water park which was earlier a gold mine in 1971
- Visit the South African National Museum of Military History which you will be taken back where South Africa was in war.
- Experience the city tour in Soweto where all the rebels began.
DAY 1 – Thu, 22 Jul 2021
DAY 2 – Fri, 23 Jul 2021
DAY 3 – Sat, 24 Jul 2021
DAY 4 – Sun, 25 Jul 2021
DAY 5 – Mon, 26 Jul 2021
DAY 6 – Tue, 27 Jul 2021
DAY 7 – Wed, 28 Jul 2021
DAY 8 – Thu, 29 Jul 2021 to DAY 9 – Fri, 30 Jul 2021
DAY 10 – Sat, 31 Jul 2021
DAY 11 – Sun, 1 Aug 2021 to DAY 13 – Tue, 3 Aug 2021
DAY 14 – Wed, 4 Aug 2021
DAY 15 – Thu, 5 Aug 2021 to DAY 16 – Fri, 6 Aug 2021
DAY 17 – Sat, 7 Aug 2021
DAY 18 – Sun, 8 Aug 2021
- Return international flights from UK on economy class
- Return flight from Johannesburg - Cape Town – Johannesburg
- 8 (4x2) Night’s accommodation in Johannesburg on 4* standard
- 8 Night’s accommodation in Cape Town 4* standard
- Airport and match transfers (shared)
- Bed and Breakfast basis
- Full day Soweto tour (shared)
- Full day wine tasting in Stellenbosch (shared)
- 3 Lions Test Match Category 3 / C Tickets (2x Johannesburg and 1x Cape Town)
- 23/07/2021 – 27/07/2021: Premier Hotel Midrand - 4 nights
- 27/07/2021 – 04/08/2021: NH The Lord Charles Hotel - 8 nights
- 04/08/2021 – 08/07/2021: Premier Hotel Midrand - 4 nights
- Lunch and Dinner throughout
- Expenses of personal nature
- Vehicle whilst at leisure unless specified otherwise
- Any other expenses not mentioned above