Lions Tour “The First Two”
Jo’burg to Cape to see British and Irish Lions in South Africa 2021
Package 1 – 22nd July – 1st August 2021
Guaranteed tickets to x2 Test Matches (JNB 1st test & CPT 2nd test)
Support your Nations team, the British and Irish Lions, as they battle against the current Rugby world champions in South Africa in a determined attempt to bring home the trophy. Included within this sensational 11-day supporters tour you will have official match tickets with guaranteed seats from which to comfortably watch the first 2 test matches and enjoy 2 full days of planned excursions, in addition to having your own leisure time to visit other sites, embark upon retail therapy and simply chill out with some relaxation time.
Starting in Johannesburg, you will be collected from your 4-star hotel and taken to/from the famous FNB Stadium, the largest venue in South Africa to enjoy the 1st Test Match. The following day we will take you on a full day guided city tour of Soweto which will include various famous landmarks such as Baragwanath Precinct and Orlando Towers; you’ll visit the Hector Pietersen Museum and the Mandela House Museum as well as tour the newly revamped Mandela House where Nelson Mandela lived with his family before the anti-apartheid movement and which is now packed with fascinating memorabilia. We have also scheduled an entire leisure day in Johannesburg to allow time for you to take in many of the other amazing sites or to simply sit back, relax and soak up the atmosphere. You can stroll the magical urban neighbourhood of the Moboneng Precinct with its mix of restaurants, coffee shops, clothing boutiques, art galleries and retail shops or walk through the Bird Gardens and Aviary to admire the colourful birds, mammals, reptiles and other exotic animals. Visit the Gold Reef City amusement park, aptly named and themed since it is built on old gold mine or explore the South African National Museum of Military History to see what it was like when South Africa was in the war – your choices in Johannesburg are varied and many.
We then fly you to the picturesque southwest coast to Cape Town for the second part of the tour. Here amongst breath-taking scenery and eye-catching architecture, we will help you discover the history and passion behind some of the best wines in the world on our full wine tasting day to Stellenbosch. The following day is a leisure day to spend however you please, however, we highly recommend that you take the cable car climb to the summit of Table Mountain, from which you’ll enjoy sweeping views across the city and busy harbour. Other options include a hike up Lions Head the tallest mountain in Cape Town, a visit to the underwater Two Oceans Aquarium to explore the local marine life or a trip to Zeitz Museum, the largest Contemporary African Art Museum in the world. With a range of large malls to small boutiques and international brands to local artists, Cape Town is also a popular shopping venue with something for everyone. Your penultimate day in South Africa will end on a high with seats in the iconic Cape Town Stadium to watch the 2nd Test Match.
Your Rugby Tour to South Africa with Lions Sports Travel includes return International and internal flights, airport and match transfers, 9 nights B&B accommodation in 4-star hotels, a full day Soweto city tour, a full day wine tasting in Stellenbosch and leisure days.
Highlights In Cape Town;
- Visit the Table Mountain which is a flat topped mountain where it overlooks the entire city of Cape Town, you could hike yourself to the top or use the cableway.
- Experience the taste of the best wines in the world at Stellenbosch.
- Hike the Lions Head which is the tallest mountain in Cape Town which is 669m above sea level.
- Visit the Cape point nature reserve where you could see the point where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Indian Ocean
- Visit the Two Oceans Aquarium which is an underwater aquarium which showcases the marine life founded in the Atlantic and the Indian oceans
- Visit the Zeitz Museum the world’s largest of Contemporary Art in Africa
Highlights in Johannesburg;
- Visit the Mandela House where Sir Nelson Mandela and his family lived before the anti-apartheid movement
- Shop at the Maboneng Precinct
- Walk-through the Bird gardens & aviary featuring colourful birds, mammals, reptiles & other exotic animals.
- Join the Gold Reef City water park which was earlier a gold mine in 1971
- Visit the South African National Museum of Military History which you will be taken back where South Africa was in war.
- Experience the city tour in Soweto where all the rebels began.
DAY 1 – Thu, 22 Jul 2021
DAY 2 – Fri, 23 Jul 2021
DAY 3 – Sat, 24 Jul 2021
DAY 4 – Sun, 25 Jul 2021
DAY 5 – Mon, 26 Jul 2021
DAY 6 – Tue, 27 Jul 2021
DAY 7 – Wed, 28 Jul 2021
DAY 8 – Thu, 29 Jul 2021 to DAY 9 – Fri, 30 Jul 2021
DAY 10 – Sat, 31 Jul 2021
DAY 11 – Sun, 1 Aug 2021
- Return international from UK flights on economy class
- Onward flight from Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 4 Night’s accommodation in Johannesburg on 4* standard
- 5 Night’s accommodation in Cape Town 4* standard
- Airport and match transfers (shared)
- Bed and Breakfast basis
- Full day Soweto tour (shared)
- Full day wine tasting in Stellenbosch (shared)
- 2 Lions Test Match Category 3 / C Tickets (Johannesburg and Cape Town)
- 23/07/2021 – 27/07/2021: Premier Hotel Midrand (4*), Johannesburg - 4 nights
- 27/07/2021 – 01/08/2021: NH The Lord Charles (4*), Cape Town - 5 nights
- Lunch and Dinner throughout
- Expenses of personal nature
- Vehicle whilst at leisure unless specified otherwise
- Any other expenses not mentioned above