Lions Tour “The Last Two”
Cape to Jo’burg to see British and Irish Lions in South Africa 2021
Package 2 – 29th July – 8th August 2021
Guaranteed tickets to x2 Test Matches (CPT 2nd Test & 3rd Test JNB)
Witness the climax of the British and Lions Tour 2021 on this fun packed 11-day supporters tour where we guarantee you seats to watch both the 2nd and 3rd test matches in South Africa and see for yourself if they can once again lift the trophy. We have also included 2 full day excursions for you to gleam more of this spectacular country as well as allowed time for you to explore on your own, embark upon retail therapy or simply enjoy some well-earned relaxation.
After a comfortable night’s sleep and leisurely morning at the 4-star Hotel NH The Lord Charles, you will be chauffeured to/from the iconic Cape Town Stadium to watch the thrilling 2nd test match between Springboks and the British & Irish Lions. The following day, we will take you through the picturesque Cape Winelands to enjoy a day of wine tasting at several different vineyards each with their own distinction and history; along the route you will see the most breath-taking scenery and interesting architecture. Your last full day in Cape Town is yours to spend however you please but we highly recommend a climb or cable car trip up to the summit of Table Mountain to enjoy stunning views across the city and harbour. There are many other attractions you may wish to visit whilst in Cape Town including the underwater Two Oceans Aquarium to explore the local marine life and the Zeitz Museum which exhibits the largest collection of Contemporary African Art in the world. Shopping is also popular and ranges from small boutiques to large malls selling everything imaginable made by local artists as well as most international brands being available too.
We then fly you to Johannesburg and transfer you to the 4* Premier Hotel Midrand for the second half of your trip. The following day after breakfast, you will be collected for your full day guided city tour of Soweto, famous for its demonstrations led by thousands of black school-aged students in 1976 to protest the introduction of Afrikaans in local schools. On route, you will see various famous landmarks such as Baragwanath Precinct and Orlando Towers, visit the Hector Pietersen Museum and The Mandela House Museum as well as tour Mandela House where Nelson Mandela lived with his family before the anti-apartheid movement. The next day is a complete leisure day for you explore this fascinating city as you please with endless choices readily available. You might fancy an exhilarating day at the Gold Reef City amusement park built on an old goldmine, a visit to the National Museum of Military History to see what it was like when South Africa was in the war or a stroll through the Bird Gardens and Aviary to admire the colourful birds, mammals and reptiles. The Moboneng Precinct is a magical urban neighbourhood full of clothing boutiques, art galleries, restaurants and coffee shops and definitely also worth a mooch. However, your final day in South Africa is bound to be the highlight of your tour with seats in the famous Emirates Airline Park Stadium to watch the gripping final and deciding test match of the British and Lions Tour of South Africa 2021.
Your Rugby Tour to South Africa with Lions Sports Travel includes return International and internal flights, airport and match transfers, 9 nights B&B accommodation in 4-star hotels, a full day wine tasting in Stellenbosch, a full day guided Soweto city tour Stellenbosch and leisure days.
Highlights in Cape Town;
- Visit the Table Mountain which is a flat topped mountain where it overlooks the entire city of Cape Town, you could hike yourself to the top or use the cableway.
- Experience the taste of the best wines in the world at Stellenbosch.
- Hike the Lions Head which is the tallest mountain in Cape Town which is 669m above sea level.
- Visit the Cape point nature reserve where you could see the point where the Atlantic ocean meets the Indian ocean.
- Visit the Two Oceans Aquarium which is an underwater aquarium which showcases the marine life founded in the Atlantic and the Indian oceans.
- Visit the Zeitzer Museum the world’s largest of Contemporary Art in Africa.
Highlights in Johannesburg;
- Visit the Mandela House where Sir Nelson Mandela and his family lived before the anti-apartheid movement.
- Shop at the Maboneng Precinct.
- Walk-through the Bird gardens & aviary featuring colourful birds, mammals, reptiles & other exotic animals.
- Join the Gold Reef City water park which was earlier a gold mine in 1971.
- Visit the South African National Museum of Military History which you will be taken back where South Africa was in war.
- Experience the city tour in Soweto where all the rebels began.
Day 01 – Thu, 29 Jul 2021
Day 02 – Fri, 30 Jul 2021
Day 03 – Sat, 31 Jul 2021
Day 04 – Sun, 01 Aug 2021
Day 05 – Mon, 02 Aug 2021 to Day 06 – Tue, 03 Aug 2021
Day 07 – Wed, 04 Aug 2021
Day 08 – Thu, 05 Aug 2021
Day 09 – Fri, 06 Aug 2021
Day 10 – Sat, 07 Aug 2021
Day 11 – Sun, 08 Aug 2021
- Return international flights from UK on Economy class
- Onward flight from Cape Town to Johannesburg
- 4 Night’s accommodation in Johannesburg on 4* standard
- 5 Night’s accommodation in Cape Town 4* standard
- Airport and match transfers (shared)
- Bed and Breakfast basis
- Full day Soweto tour (shared)
- Full day wine tasting in Stellenbosch (shared)
- 2 Lions Test Match Category 3 / C Tickets (Johannesburg and Cape Town)
- 30/07/2021 – 04/08/2021: NH The Lord Charles (4*), Cape Town - 5 nights
- 04/08/2021 – 07/08/2021: Premier Hotel Midrand (4*), Johannesburg - 4 nights
- Lunch and Dinner throughout
- Expenses of personal nature
- Vehicle whilst at leisure unless specified otherwise
- Any other expenses not mentioned above